Bloggers Unite is an initiative designed to harness the power of the blogosphere to make the world a better place. By challenging bloggers to blog about a particular social cause on a single day, a single voice can be joined with thousands of others to help make a real positive difference; from raising awareness for cancer, to an effort to better education systems or support 3rd world countries.
May marks the first anniversary of Bloggers Unite and BlogCatalog members are launching an awareness campaign chosen by . On May 15, we will unite for human rights and make a statement that all people are born with basic rights and freedoms – life, liberty, and justice!
On May 15th 2008, join us blog about Human Rights. There are dozens and dozens of human rights issues that you can write about. The one you choose is up to you.
How To Join Bloggers Unite!
To join, simply visit the Bloggers Unite page to get more information. Then, on Thursday, May 15th, write a blog post that shares awareness about human rights.
Your blog post could:
- Have the title “Bloggers Unite For Human Rights” (or some variation).
- include an example of human rights so people can learn about it.
- Explain the importance of human rights and how it applies to everyone.
- Link to one of the sites we’ve listed or the most suitable site for your country.
- And add a link to our BlogCatalog Community Human Rights Awareness Campaign page so we can give you and your blog credit for being part of it.
There are many organizations that promote human rights and work to protect people. We’ve picked three to help you learn more and find breaking topics.
* Amnesty International is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights for all. They work to improve human rights through campaigning and international solidarity.
* Human Right Watch is dedicated to protecting human rights of people around the world. They stand with victims and activists to prevent discrimination, uphold political freedom, protect people from inhumane conduct in wartime, and to bring offenders to justice.
* Youth For Human Rights is an independent non-profit that educates people about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights so they become valuable advocates for tolerance and peace.
We have an entire group discussion dedicated to Bloggers Unite where you can add more organizations that you think are worth including in the list above.